Town Clerk’s Office


Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 1:30 pm

Suzanne Brennessel
Town Clerk

Office: (315) 589-8100
Fax: (315) 589-9485
Cell: (315) 310-3439

Paula Dolan

Deputy Town Clerk

Gail Toor

Part Time Deputy Clerk


Clerk To The Town Board
Town Board meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Williamson Town Complex, 6380 Route 21, Suite II, Williamson, NY. Meeting minutes are available in the clerk’s office or on the Town Board’s page of this website.

Water & Wastewater Bill Collection & Billing
Bills are mailed in January, April, July, and October. You may pay with cash or check (made out to “Williamson Utilities”) by mail, in person or payments can be put in the drop box outside the Town Hall doors. Credit card payments can be done in person or online for the exact amount due. (A convenience fee applies to all credit card payments.) All bills not paid by October 31 will be added to the following year Town and County property tax bill. For information call (315) 589-8100.

Registrar of Vital Statistics
Records are on file for marriage licenses, births and deaths that occurred in the Town of Williamson beginning in 1882.

Certified copies of Death or Birth records are $10.00 each. Genealogy information is $22.00 for each record searched. Request forms can be found in the Forms section below.

If you need help finding a burial site, you can try looking on this website:  It has listings on graves around the world.

Funeral Directors: On weekends and holidays you can contact the Town Clerk at (315) 310-3439, if not available call the Deputy Registrar, Paula Dolan at (315) 576-2161. Certified copies of death certificates are $10.

Marriage licenses must be obtained at least 24 hours prior to the ceremony and are good for 60 days. Both parties must provide a raised seal birth certificate or passport and a picture ID.  If either has been previously married, we must see the last dissolution papers and they must provide the date and location of all previous dissolutions. Fee is $40. Couples can apply for a license during regular office hours up to an hour before closing.

One-Day Marriage Officiant License – Any person eighteen years old and over can solemnize a Marriage Ceremony in New York State after obtaining a One-Day Marriage Officiant License.  The person does not have to be a NYS resident.  The application must be submitted to the same Town Clerk’s office where the couple to be married obtained their marriage license.  It is only valid for the parties-to-be-married as stated on the application and expires upon the solemnization of that marriage or expiration of the related marriage license, whichever is earlier.  Fee is $25.

Conservation Licenses
A NYS driver’s license is needed for proof of residency to purchase a DEC license. Proof of hunter safety training is required for a hunting license. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation web site is (check out their listing of hunter safety courses). New year DEC licenses go on sale August 1st and the last day to apply for a doe permit is October 1st of each year.

Handicap Parking Permits
Permanent or temporary permits are issued with certification from a physician. Pick up an application prior to your doctor appointment.  You may also download the form at or under forms on this website. Applicant must show identification and live in the Town of Williamson.

Dog Licenses
Current rabies certificate is needed to license. All dogs 4 months of age and older are to be licensed. Fees are $20.00 for dogs NOT neutered/spayed, $10.00 for neutered/spayed dogs (must show proof of spay/neuter). Licenses are renewed annually. Dog licenses may be paid by cash or check written out to “Williamson Town Clerk” by mail, in person or using the drop box outside the Town Hall doors. Credit card payments can be done in person or online.  Rabies vaccination must be current for online payments. (Convenience fee applies for all credit card payments.)  If updated proof of rabies vaccination is required for renewal, you must provide the original certificate or a copy.  (If sent by mail, all documents will be returned once the renewal is processed.)

Notary Public
Must have valid identification, document must be completely filled out with no blanks. There is no fee charged.

Certificate of Residence for Community Colleges
For applying for proof of residency when attending community college, the applicant must provide something with their current address on it along with a photo I.D. Anyone other than the applicant may pick the certificate up but the applicant’s signature must be notarized on the completed application.  There is no fee charged.

Sunnyside Cemetery
The cemetery is located on Route 21 in the Town of Williamson. Lots may be purchased at a cost of $600.00 per lot. Rules for the cemetery can be found in the Town Code section of the website or in the Forms section below.  It is not open for burials from December 1 through April 1.  The driveways are not maintained in the winter months.