Opportunities to Get Involved in Town Service
- Planning Board – The Planning Board is made up of 5 regular members and 2 alternates. Members are appointed by the Town Board, each has 5 year terms and monthly meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month. The Planning Board:
- is responsible for review and implementation of the Town Comprehensive Plan with oversight by the Town Board
- issues special use permits for those uses requiring them in the town’s zoning code
- reviews applications for those uses requiring site plan approval
- reviews and submits advisory opinions to the Town Board on land use plans, design standards, Municipal Code changes and any other decision by the Town Board referred to the Planning Board.
- Zoning Board of Appeals – The Zoning Board of Appeals is made up of 5 members and are appointed by the Town Board. Each member is appointed for a 5 year term and monthly meetings are held the last Thursday of every month. The Zoning Board of Appeals is an appellate board and is limited to hearing and deciding appeals from and reviewing decisions and/or interpretations made by the Building and Zoning Officer.
- Board of Assessment Review – The Board of Assessment Review is made up of 5 members and are appointed by the Town Board. Each member is appointed for a 5 year term and meetings are held semi-annually for the purpose of reviewing appeals on property assessments made by the town assessor.
- Drainage Council – The Drainage Council is made up 4 to 5 appointed members and several town employees with members appointed by the Town Board. The Drainage Council advises and makes recommendations for the Town Board regarding watershed management in the town.
- Comprehensive Plan Project Advisory Committee – In a motion passed at their October 27, 2015 meeting, the Town Board changed the name of the Charrette Committee to the Comprehensive Plan Project Advisory Committee (CPPAC). The seven member committee’s organization and activities will be coordinated by the Planning Board. The CPPAC will annually review the Town Comprehensive Plan and Project List and provide recommendations to the Planning Board. It will also undertake reviews of other projects, potential projects and grant opportunities for potential inclusion in the Comprehensive Plan.
- Ad Hoc Committees – From time to time the town creates committees for specific purposes and to address specific areas of interest.
There are numerous community organizations needing volunteers and participants such as: